Friday, November 1, 2013

Family of Four

It's been almost 8 months since my last post, and I apologize for not updating more often. Life has been much busier than ever before! 

It's now November 1, and Hannah will be 2 in a few short weeks. Caleb is almost three months old already. Time is really flying. 

Hannah has adjusted very well to having a baby in the house. We had a few issues with her behavior when Caleb was born in August, but she has outgrown them. She was waking up every hour or less at night the first week he came home. I think she wanted to see if we would still come to her. That has since stopped (thank goodness), but we are still up 4-5 times a night with Caleb. I'm hoping he becomes a better sleeper as he gets older because I'm very tired! 

Hannah loves Caleb and gives him hugs and kisses all the time. She loves to sit next to him and hand him toys and other things. I encourage this behavior from her, but I did catch her putting a piece of food in his mouth once. Good thing I noticed in time before he choked on it! 

I took Caleb to the doctor for his 2 month check-up and here were his stats:

13 pounds 4 ounces, 24 1/4 inches. That puts him at about 60th percentile for weight and 95th percentile for height. Both of our kids are very tall! He is breastfed, and won't take a bottle, much to mommy's dismay. We try every day to offer him a bottle and hope that one day he just takes it. 

I won't know Hannah's height/weight until her 2 year appointment in early December. I do know she is very skinny and we are lucky if she eats one or two bites of food at mealtimes. It's been really tough to get her to eat anything. She is also addicted to the bottle and the pacifier. I don't even know where to begin to break her of those things. I'm thinking of just throwing out the bottles when she turns 2, but we'll see how it goes. 

Here are a few recent photos! 
Caleb 6 weeks
 Hannah and Caleb
 Caleb, 8 weeks
 Hannah at a fall festival






No comments:

Post a Comment